Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Past and present

Some  say that we should only live for today, others that our lives are combination of past and present.
How do you deal with your past? Especially when you have many of them.

I have been living in many places, many cities, and few countries.Sometimes I mix all the names, my memory fails me as I try to recall all the faces and events that made my years. These experiences made me who I am, what I am today, yet I am still undefined person.

I have learnt to cherish today, the moment and look forward to today only.
Past is gone, future is unknown as someone said and all we have is today, present.

When past knocks at your door what do you do? Do you answer it, or do you leave it in the past? Do you open old wounds, to remind yourself  of your own mistakes,  to see how strong you have become, or do you proudly walk the path you have chosen... and ignore what is left behind.

Somehow I am unable to leave the past where it belongs. It is my curse, and my punishment, not allowing me to live truly in the present moment. It seems that I always open the door, Pandora's box.
And every time I  do it , I immediately regret it.
It destroys today forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Cinepoet

My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Jasna migrated from former Yugoslavia to Australia in 1994. She has completed Bachelor of Arts in Communications, majoring in film and television production at the University of Technology, Sydney. In 2010 she completed Graduate Certificate in Directing at the Australian Film, TV and Radio School. Jasna has been working on a number of short films, documentaries and music videos and is currently developing her first feature film. She has also been working for SBS Television since 2001.

Followers

Translate