Thursday, February 3, 2011

first time

First blog in my 36 years of existence.


As I am looking at the repertoire of theatres in Belgrade for April nostalgia engulfs me.
It has been 10 years since I have been back to Yugoslavia. I feel like a prisoner who is unable to leave, yet free to move in my car. I can enjoy the beauties of this city yet nothing makes me happy anymore. The beauty of beaches fades in front of my eyes and all I can feel is big emptiness.
It is time to leave this place for a while and revisit the place of my youth. I am hopeful that this dream will become reality in April.
I don't know what to expect so I don't anticipate anything.
All I know is that this island has become too much and it is time to leave it for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Cinepoet

My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Jasna migrated from former Yugoslavia to Australia in 1994. She has completed Bachelor of Arts in Communications, majoring in film and television production at the University of Technology, Sydney. In 2010 she completed Graduate Certificate in Directing at the Australian Film, TV and Radio School. Jasna has been working on a number of short films, documentaries and music videos and is currently developing her first feature film. She has also been working for SBS Television since 2001.

Followers

Translate