Friday, February 4, 2011

Butterfly dance

There are few rare moments in one's life when we feel connected with something bigger than ourselves. I had few of those moments in my life.
Last one happened few weeks ago, at the beach.  After conversation with my family about more health problems  I was staring at the sky, trying not to think about things that will come, another era of hospitals and emergency visits.
Looking at the perfect blue sky, no cloud in sight, the overwhelming feeling of something much bigger than our little human self engulfed me. It was peaceful, nice and yet frightening at the same time. I continued to stare refusing to be scared.
Suddenly something white, like flying object appeared in the sky. It was circling, very high in the sky. It was very small, like a tiny dot. It was getting closer, and closer until I finally saw that it was butterfly. I never knew that they can fly so high. Then it disappeared, or I lost the sight of it.
I made a wish and though if it appears again my wish will come true.And there it was, white butterfly again. Suddenly another one appeared. They started to dance together in a beautiful dance in the sky. It was magical moment. Two of them. Pair.
However the moment was very  short lived, like all the beautiful moments in life. It was there in front of my eyes for a few minutes, my soul was happy for a few minutes and that was it.

Does life only rewards us with such short  moments of happiness to give us strength to keep going, or to remind us that there is something more, something deeper and bigger than ourselves?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Cinepoet

My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Jasna migrated from former Yugoslavia to Australia in 1994. She has completed Bachelor of Arts in Communications, majoring in film and television production at the University of Technology, Sydney. In 2010 she completed Graduate Certificate in Directing at the Australian Film, TV and Radio School. Jasna has been working on a number of short films, documentaries and music videos and is currently developing her first feature film. She has also been working for SBS Television since 2001.

Followers

Translate